Free sculpture courses
As part of the Yorkshire Sculpture Triangle (YST) Engagement Programme, there is an opportunity for groups of disabled people, via community organisations, to take part in a six-session sculpture course.
- Paul Digby: 0775 7927 209
The programme sessions will run during October and November 2016 and will consist of at least four sessions.
The following days are available:
Wednesday morning 10.00 – 12.00
Wednesday afternoon 13.00 – 15.00
Thursday morning 10.00 – 12.00
Thursday afternoon 13.00 – 15.00
Friday morning 10.00 – 12.00.
Session one.Visit Rebecca Warren’s sculpture and exhibition The Body Extended: Sculpture and Prosthetics at Henry Moore Institute, Leeds
Session two. Life drawing at workshop space
Session three. Clay work at workshop space
Session four. Plaster casting (optional) at workshop space
Session five. Summary discussion at workshop space
Session six. Visit either the Hepworth Wakefield or Yorkshire Sculpture Park.
The exhibitions in Wakefield and Leeds will take place in late November / early December 2016.
Please note: Session four is an industrial process and might not be suitable for all venues.
Session six does not have to follow five, it could be another time.
Materials will be provided and there is funding for transport.
What community groups need to do next:
- Identify a session from the proposed days above when you could provide a regular space for your course. Then contact Paul Digby (details above) to book the course and arrange a start date by Tuesday 27th September.
- Your group must be able to provide an art workshop space and a small amount of storage to deliver up to four practical sessions.
- For the proposed visits to any of the YST venues, a member of staff or carers from the centre/ organisation must be able to attend.
- There must be at least 6 participants per group.
See more information on the Volition website