Getaway Girls empowers young women to build confidence and resilience, develop new skills and take positive risks in an environment which offers co-operation and support. This is achieved through individual support, group work, outreach, detached, residential opportunities creative arts, sports development, adventure education, training, peer support and opportunities for voice and influence.
We support very diverse groups of young women from different cultural backgrounds and with needs. We target young women who experience barriers or discrimination including,
- Young mums and young women at risk at early pregnancy.
- Young women who are looked after and care leavers.
- Young women who are excluded or struggled with school and college.
- Young women getting their lives back on track.
- Young women living in poverty.
- Young women who suffer/ witnessed domestic violence.
- Young women with low self- esteem/ lacking in confidence.
- Young women who are not in education, employment, or training (NEET).
- Young women at risk of sexual exploitation.
- Young women new to the country/ community/ asylum seekers or refugees.
- Young women who have lived experience of mental health.
- Young women with learning disabilities.