Leeds Police Station Open Day
This year’s event will focus on family fun with children’s and family activities including,
- face painting,
- bouncy castle,
- police mascots,
- mini policing uniforms,
- wanted posters,
- a pretend crime scene and fingerprinting.
Outside in the front car park there will be,
- Traffic and Firearms vehicles,
- off-road motorbikes,
- custody transport vehicle,
- classic police cars,
- Police helicopter flyover!
Colleagues from the Fire Service, St Johns Ambulance, the Guide Dogs Sensory Van, ‘Prison Me No Way’.
Also support on the day from,
- Leeds United Foundation.
- Ronnie the Rhino.
- Leeds Force Basketball Team.
- The West Yorkshire Police Band.
- Local community music will be present throughout the day to entertain everyone.
There will be a ‘market place’ style set up within the ground floor of the DHQ with advice and information stands from,
- Crime Prevention.
- Neighbourhood Watch.
- Anti-Social Behaviour.
- Prevent Engagement and stands to promote Positive Action recruitment of Police Officers.
In addition, we will have information stands from some of our partner agencies including,
- United Kingdom Border Agency.
- Victim Support.
- Housing Support agencies.
- Change for Life.
- plus many others.
And finally ……… Senior police officers and the Chief Officer will abseiling from the roof of Leeds Police Station building to raise funds for Martin House.