Supporting Women with Learning Disability – Free Workshop
Womens Health Matters are delivering a free workshop for parents, carers and support workers.
This is a one-off session for parents, carers and support workers to support conversations around health, sex education and matters that affect women.
Topics covered in this session will include,
- The importance of screening, breast and cervical.
- Why sex education is important.
- Where do people get information about sex from and is this different for people with a learning disability.
- Understanding why people find it difficult to talk about sex.
- Identifying boundaries to support healthy conversations about sex.
- The law and the mental capacity act.
This event is open to males and females.
If you are interested in learning more or would like to know if a specific topic could be covered, please contact Danielle at People In Action on the phone number below or email email@example.com
- Danielle Martin: 0113 244 3729
- : Free